Join our Team
Our Careers Team are ready to help match you to the perfect role within our Early Learning team. Simply email us or hit Apply Now to submit your application.
Helping to shape the lives of young children and families can be extremely rewarding.
Ngala specialises in supporting parents and children along their journey to “Raising Happiness”. Ngala Early Learning and Development Service equips children with the skills and opportunities to be effective and engaged learners.
If you are passionate about making a difference to others and working with children, then becoming an educator with Ngala Early Learning and Development Service could be just for you.
Why Join Ngala Early Learning?
Why a career in Early Education?
Job security: The Early Childhood Education & Care Sector is experiencing strong growth. Changes to Child: Educator ratios, Required Educator qualifications and an increase in children attending services are in many ways responsible.
A rewarding career: Inspiring children’s love of learning and assisting them to develop all important social skills.
Career Opportunities: There’s always room to grow and challenge yourself in the supportive environments of our Early Learning & Development Services.
Flexible Opportunities: Opportunities to work across various roles with a variety of promotion and shift availabilities and commitments.
The Ngala Difference…
- The Coordinators and Leadership Teams at each Ngala Early Learning & Development Service value a strong team approach and recognise that all educators bring unique, individual skills and passions.
- Each room has a full day of non-contact time each week to work on their child led curriculum We really value the time and effort which goes into planning and providing opportunities for learning and discovery.
- Our Educators participate in a collaborative curriculum approach where all team members are involved in the development and implementation of our curriculums.
- Educators can share their areas of interest through curriculums based around Storytelling, Arts, and various ongoing projects.
- We value our Educators and offer 5 weeks annual leave a year along with above award pay rates. Ngala Early Learning & development really take our Educators on a journey and foster areas of interest or development through professional learning opportunities.
At Ngala Early Learning and Development Service we support and encourage the building of skills and knowledge with hands on learning, and in line with this, we welcome student placements. We encourage a community of continuous professional learning and we strive to offer theory based pedagogy, accompanied with best practice quality.
We believe that by offering students the opportunity to learn at a Ngala Early Learning and Development Service, it will enhance the quality of education and care provided by our sector in the future.
To attend one of our services as a student you will need to have:
- A Working With Children Check
- A current Police Clearance (issued within 12 months)
- Current immunisations against COVID, Whooping Cough (Pertussis) and Influenza
- An Insurance Certificate or Memorandum of Understanding from the Higher Education Provider
- Completed a Volunteer/Student Medical Questionnaire
Please contact the Coordinator at the service you would like to attend to discuss the process.
We welcome regular volunteers at the Ngala Early Learning and Development Services. At the Kensington service Shane has been volunteering for almost 5 years. She has become a Grandmother figure for so many children.
Shane always dresses as a Fairy Godmother at our end of year parties and has won an Unsung Hero award through the South Perth Rotary club for the amazing selfless time she spends volunteering.
All the children, staff and families at Ngala love her. We are very lucky to have Shane.
When Shane was asked, she enjoys volunteering at Ngala she said:
“The way the children react towards me when I walk into their room, I almost fall over when they come to greet me, the love that I feel, I feel so special.
I feel I am really needed, when a child has moved up to the next room, they see me, and we can comfort one another.
Being an extra person to help on breaks, meals and if a child feels sad, just being at Ngala is so beautiful, I am a lucky lady to share in this time!!!”
If you would like to volunteer regularly at one of our services, please contact the Coordinator of the service.
You will need to obtain a National Police Clearance and a Working With Children Check before commencing with Ngala, and have up to date Covid vaccinations.