Become a NFDC Educator
Become a Ngala Family Day Care Educator
Family day care is a flexible and rewarding career option for people interested in creating home-based nurturing experiences for children in The Midwest and Pilbara communities. As someone who enjoys working with children, you can be your own boss, work from your own home and choose the hours that suit you.
Family day care educators are registered with Ngala Family Day Care Service and we will support you every step of the way, to help you deliver high-quality early childhood care for children and their families in your local area. We will help you with training and establishing your own business, and we offer ongoing support.
Educators must have a minimum of Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or be willing to undertake the training.
As an educator you will:
- provide a safe and welcoming home environment for children
- develop and tailor a program for each child based on their learning and development needs
- keep a development record for each child you care for
- manage your own business, administration and hours of work
We will support you
We have a staff who support educators in their work. Our qualified coordinators:
- offer training and development opportunities
- regularly visit educators
- manage child care benefits on behalf of families
- support educators with information about the latest trends in child development and care standards
- Provide ongoing support tailored to your individual needs